Monday, January 13, 2020

Epilogue


Epilogue


English is not my native language and investing is not my career which is information technology. I have never taken any class in economics, accounting, business and investing except those required in my Industrial Engineering degrees. Hence, writing a book on investing is quite a challenge and a remote opportunity for me. However, investing is extraordinarily multi-disciplined and all we need is common sense and a desire to learn.

After my early retirement, I have been spending most of my time in investing, running thousands of simulations and reading over one hundred books on investing. Starting with the year of 2000, I have been doing very well in my investing. I comment on financial blogs and save the good ones for my own blog, so I can refer to them later on. Then after several years, I had enough information to write a book.

It is far more financially rewarding working about my investments including finding new strategies. Writing books and articles takes time away from my investing and it actually costs me more money. However, it has been fun to write this book and to interact with my readers. Money cannot buy everything and the satisfaction of holding my printed book.

I do not believe that this book or any book can be the Holy Grail of investing. However, it has a lot of fresh ideas and good pointers that have brought me financial success (at least so far). I ask my readers to challenge my pointers and ensure they are applicable in today’s market and meet their own objectives and requirements.

A good pointer can make you thousands of dollars, and a bad or misinterpreted one can do the opposite. Always do paper trading on any strategy and / or idea before you commit real money to it. Start your strategy with cash in small increments until you have more confidence.

Use the links in this book for reference and understand how we come to the conclusions. This book and similar books provide you ways on how to make decisions based on current events that can be obtained from TV, the internet and magazines.

Hopefully, this book’s primary objective of enabling you to be a better investor is met. Actually, you should be a better investor than I am if you can integrate the knowledge you already have with mine – I called it adding wings to a roaring tiger. You also learn to avoid the mistakes I made.

This book should be read repeatedly to remind us (I am a reader too) of any error(s) we repeated. Some articles are not easy to read as this book is not intended to be so. You need to practice what this book suggests such as learning how to detect a market plunge.

There are many styles of investing. It is better to master one at a time than trying to master several. Personally I selected swing trading with 6 months to renew my investment. Sector Rotation and momentum trading are my other styles I practice.

I have made a lot of predictions. There have been more right than wrong compared to most other authors I have read. I never use after-the-fact predictions. Even when there are wrong predictions, I would show the logic behind.

Promoting books teaches me some human behavior, both good and bad. One oldie showed me his broker statement one day with over 8 million and asked me to show him mine with some racial remarks.  Hope his racist attitude would not pass on his ‘successful’ children.

The major advantage of self-publishing e-books is the low cost to you. Without self-publishing, this book would never be done.

I will practice what I preach and what I’ve learned from writing this book. Jesse Livermore was probably one of our greatest traders ever. Yet he ended up losing most of his money and then killed himself. The major reason was he did not follow what he preached. We need to diversify our investments and it is better to be a turtle investor.


Final notes
Thanks for reading this book and I hope it will be beneficial to your financial health. If so, comment on it on Amazon.com or the place you bought this book. I will be very grateful.
I believe the readers are getting a very good deal in reading this book. To benefit more, you have to try out the techniques described in this book and paper trade them thoroughly until you are successful.

I have put everything I know on investing in this lengthy book. There will be two books that you may be interested: “Best Stocks for Year-End 2020” and “Best Stocks for 2021”. The former will come out around Dec. 15, 2020 and the later will be out around June, 2020. Both books will include my selections on stocks. These books are in the planning stage and there are no promises that it will be published.

I have 50% in a month return in the 2018 year end and so far so good the 2019 year end (will update the monthly return). A very popular book in 2019 recommending 100 stocks did not even beat the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment